Hey, thanks for stopping by! It is been MONTHS since my last post. Life and ministry have been busy, so the blog took a back seat for awhile. One of my resolutions for 2015 was to reboot my blog and be more committed to posting. So here we go, let’s catch up!
Here is what has been going on the last 6 months:
- In July, we left the church we loved to plant a new church in Boone County. (You can read more about that here.)
- We have been fundraising like crazy, trying to raise support (like missionaries) to have the appropriate funds to plant Redemption Church.
- My family and I moved from Johnsburg, Il to Poplar Grove, Il where we lived on my in-laws farm for a few months. Living on the farm was awesome, I even raised 35 meat chickens which was quite the experience. I hope to live on a farm again someday.
- By God’s grace, we were able to purchase a home in Belvidere that was a foreclosure. It had been on and off the market several times, every time the house went to closing something happened and the deal fell through. We believe God was keeping it open just for us. It is now our home and also serves as “the Redemption Church HQ”. We love our city, and living here was really a priority for us.
- Since August, we have been hosting weekly Growth Group Gatherings and building relationships with people who are interested in growing in their walk with Christ and helping plant a new church. As of right now, Redemption Church consists of about 35 people who love Jesus, one another, and want to reach the lost with the Gospel.
- Last Sunday we hosted our first Sunday Morning Preview Service. It was awesome! We learned a lot and are gearing up for our official launch on March 15th. I am PUMPED about our next Preview Service on February 1st @ 10A.
- Lastly, I grew a beard and it was awesome. Sadly, it has since been shaved. Rumor has it there may be a comeback in the future…..