Since our launch on March 15th, 2015 we have had enjoyed meeting at Belvidere Central Middle School. As a church we are incredibly grateful for the school district and their willingness to work with us. Meeting at Central Middle School has been good for us, and for the last year we have considered it home to our Sunday Morning Worship Gatherings.
Recently however, we have been having some conversations with the Belvidere Family YMCA about ways we could partner together to serve our community. While some may think of the YMCA as a place to work out, go swimming, or take karate classes, the YMCA is more than than that. In fact one of the things that has always impressed me about the YMCA is that their vision and mission statements are summarized by statements like, “strengthening the foundations of our community” and “building strong families”.
Personally, I love this community. To me, Belvidere and Boone County are home. We believe God called us to start Redemption Church here and as a resident and pastor of a church in town, I want the best for Boone County and Belvidere. As a church we believe the Gospel of Jesus strengthens the foundations of the community, and is the foundation for strong families.
After a lot of thought, discussion, and prayer we are thrilled to announce that we are making a move and will begin meeting at the Belvidere Family YMCA for our Sunday Morning Worship Gatherings.
You are invited to celebrate the move, and be a part of our first worship gathering at the Belvidere Family YMCA on Sunday, July 3rd @ 10A!
There are also a few ways you can partner with us as we begin to make this transition:
- Pray For Redemption Church: We are excited about the move and would ask that you would pray for us as we begin to prepare to make the move. Please pray for a smooth transition, pray especially for our set up team and ministry leaders as we begin to think about setting up and doing ministry in a new location.
- Help Get The Word Out: Would you please help get the word out? If you call Redemption Church your home, make sure you tell people about the transition and remind people of the upcoming move. We would also greatly appreciate it if you would like and share information about the move on social media. Every like, comment, and share helps spread the word!
- Support the Move Financially: We believe the YMCA will be a great location for us to meet at on Sunday mornings and we are really excited about the move. As we prepare for the move we are also trying to raise between $2,500 – 3,000.If you would like to help financially support the move, you can give online – just select “Move to the YMCA”. This money would provide us with the funds to do the following:
– Purchase 100 padded folding chairs for the worship space in the gym
– Purchase a new, secure Children’s Ministry Check In system
– Purchase some advertising space in the local paper to make people aware of the new move
– Purchase any needed equipment for the new set up (extension cords, power conditioners, tables, etc…)
We are excited about the move, but we are even more excited about the opportunity to build a relationship with the YMCA as we begin to explore ways we can serve our community together!