Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to read this. Maybe you saw some of our recent posts about fundraising, received a letter in the mail, or had some questions about our “Go Fund Me” Campaign.
Total Transparency, fundraising is my least favorite part of planting a new, start from scratch church!
So why are we fundraising?
Stepping out in faith to begin a brand-new, start from scratch church in Belvidere, Illinois has been one of the hardest things I have ever done. If I had known then how hard church planting is, and how many twists and turns and ups and downs we would experience, I may have tried to talk myself out of starting this new church. Yet, since we launched Redemption Church on March 15th, 2015 I have seen God do incredible things in both my personal life and in and through Redemption Church. I know we are right where we are supposed to be, doing exactly what God called us to do.
The last two years have been marked by seasons of running hard after the heart of God, lots of hard work, building relationships, planting seeds, and reaching out to those who are far from God. We are so thankful for all that God has done and we believe the best is yet to come!
In fact, we have experience some really incredible things:
- The Rockford Register Star did a front page article about Redemption Church.
- We have seen a huge increase in first time visitors over the last month.
- People are encountering Jesus and lives are being change by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- Redemption Church is experiencing momentum and growth.
The reason we are fundraising is because your prayers and financial support would help us to continue to reach the lost, strengthen the believers at Redemption Church, and enter our next year of ministry with strength.
We are currently trying to raise $30,000 of support for 2018. This financial support would allow us to accomplish the following:
1. It would allow me to work full time at Redemption Church. For the last two years I have been bivocational, working at both the church and the Belvidere Family YMCA. As we think about our third year of ministry, I would really like the opportunity to work full time at the church. I believe working full time at Redemption Church would provide me with a greater opportunity to build relationships in the community, shepherd and lead our current congregation, while also having increased time to reach the lost in our community.
While working full time at the church would greatly benefit the church, it would also greatly benefit my family. Working full time at the church would also provide me with the opportunity to spend more time with my family, which is something we have increasingly missed these last two years.
2. It would allow us to reach those who are far from God. Your financial support would allow us to do more ministry outreach events in our community. We recently sent a mailer to every mailbox in Boone County, which had a really great response. We want to take the Gospel to the residents of Boone County, and your support would help us do that.
Like I said earlier, fundraising is my least favorite part of starting a brand new, start from scratch church. Yet, I know God has called us to Belvidere, and while I am so thankful for what God has already done, I really do believe the best is yet to come!
Your financial support of any amount would help put us one step closer to our goal.
If you would like to give, there are a few options: